StudentsReview :: Prescott College - Extra Detail about the Comment

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

Prescott College

Alumni Survey

Date: Apr 16 2011
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
PC is a unique school. If you are apathetic or lazy, you won't like it or do well, but for the curious and hard working student, you cannot find a better education for the money. My experience was wonderful- my first year I took classes in both art and psychology that were innovative and made me think. My second year, I combined regular classes with independent studies, getting support and building up my writing ability. My last year was mostly independent studies and senior projects. I always had great support from faculty and staff.

My senior year I applied to grad school. I was accepted into all the schools I applied to, including one that accepts 16 students a year, where I currently am enrolled. I am finding grad school surprisingly easy, as I am used to a heavy number of reading and writing assignments.

Now, some departments at PC are better than others and some profs are better than others. But if you seek out teachers who you like and form relationships, PC will be a rewarding experience. As to the social life, PC has a great social life if you are looking for things outside the 'drink until you get drunk' frat mentality. People are always having cool parties (midnight trampoline parties, potlucks, 'let's climb Thumb Butte and watch the moon rise' parties.)

Activism is also a huge part of the PC experience. I helped plan a couple of protests, which I loved. Most PC students are not apathetic and profs love to get you engaged in the world. I went on countless field trips (one to a conference, a couple to treatment faculties, a couple to outdoors locations, a couple to museums).

Again, PC is NOT for everyone. But if you want a great education with an hands on, activist component and are willing to work hard and be self-motivated, PC is a great school.

commentIt's a good school for activism, unless the school itself is the target of your activism! They'll shaft you if you try to point out any problems with the school itself!
Compare PrescottSave Prescott