StudentsReview :: Northwood University Michigan - Extra Detail about the Comment

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI

Arrogant, Approachable

C+
Creativity/ Innovation
A
She cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Apr 21 2011
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I am in my last two weeks of my sphmore year at NU, and have been kicked out because I cannot pay my current balance of 1600. yes ive had this balance since the beginning of the year but even after i told the FA my problems it seemed no one cared to help me. they gave me a list of private lenders and the exact words were,
we don't want you in debt.
obviously they don't want me indebted to NU or I'd be coming back for my Junior year.

Midland is a small town but I haven't had too much problems with racism and i'm black. My white friends tell me not to go here or there and I don't. Downtown is fun and the establishments are okay about helping NU students with hands on projects like Mannequin Modeling. NU likes to volunteer in the Midland community but not too many students participate. i have and i enjoyed it.

The students can come off as spoiled and arrogant even when they aren't so wealthy. I'm very poor but I have great morales and ethics and have found a few long-lasting friends-who I am sad to leave. i'm doing my damnest to stay at NU but the FA or Business office aren't really that much help.

The organizations are student run and can be alittle messy mainly because they need students to be involved which is hard to do but when they want something done they get it done with few mistakes. There are many opportunities if you keep networking and attending network functions like lectures or panels and etc. the library is awesome! the librarians included, they know their stuff. the computers are notorious for being slow to load. the teachers might not all have degrees in what they are teaching but they know what they are talking about. the economics teacher especially; theyll talk your ears off but they give great advice and encourage students to think economically about the economic crisis, about how we spend and stuff.

the upkeep of housing could be so much better. there always an ant infesation in the Vills. and there have been reports of broken washing and dryer machines. it seems RAs and Maintence are always busy so you have to be persistent if you have a problem. There aren't many parties because you have to know somebody or the people throwing the party to know about it. I've been to a few frat parties but only because my guy was in the frat. the sororities all kind of suck, I don't know anything about most of them because they are so secretive. coed houses are the way to go.

Compare NUMSave NUM