StudentsReview :: Lyndon State College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA
Friendly, Closeminded

Faculty Accessibility
A
She cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: May 05 2011
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
I transferred from LSC after the first semester because of how horrible it was. Socially, if you don't have a "clique" within the first few weeks, you're probably in trouble. I guess some people would say that Lyndon's size is what draws them to the campus, but to me it was just too small, and not nearly as exciting as I hoped it would be; not once in my four months there did I get a real "college campus" vibe. Academically this is probably the easiest school to get into, and because you don't even need your SAT scores to be accepted, many people come here on a "last resort" type basis - this is a fantastic thing to find out after working hard through high school to try to get into a good college and finding out people with a 1.45 GPA can get in with no problems. If you don't ski or snowboard, this place is hell in the winter. Also, Lyndonville, where the college is located, is a sleepy little town, probably not a good place if you (like me) enjoy big, exciting environments with lots going on. I guess you could consider this an "advice" comment, because I strongly advise you not to waste your money or time at this institution.

Berry College (GA) 1:negative