StudentsReview :: The University of Minnesota - Duluth - Extra Detail about the Comment

College of Notre Dame of Maryland -- Baltimore, MD

ACT:24
D-
Friendliness
A
He cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: May 08 2011
Major: Unknown (This Major's Salary over time)
One thing that you need to realize about Duluth is, the city actually does have quite a lot of crime and poverty. I lived less than 10 blocks away from campus. Not only did I have my car broken into as well as my roommate's car, but someone was robbed at gunpoint a block from my house.

On more than one occasion, Duluth locals have offered to sell me ecstasy and weed as they passed by and I stood outside my house.

If you come to UMD, you are quickly going to find out that most of the people in this town who are not affiliated with UMD or Saint Scholastica are VERY sketchy people.

I was very disappointed with the International Studies program as well. The program had absolutely zero focus and was nothing more than a random assortment of history, political science, geography and anthropology courses. Why did I choose it? Because as a naive freshmen the classes seemed interesting, which they were, but they were also extremely easy.

Compare UMN/UMinn-DuluthSave UMN/UMinn-Duluth