StudentsReview :: Virginia Intermont College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityC Extra CurricularsB-
SafetyA
Friendly, Approachable

C
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: May 11 2011
Major: Math (This Major's Salary over time)
First of all, let me clarify that my major was actually Equine and my descriptions of my department pertain to the equine department. However, Equine was not an option for majors on this website and I earned a minor in Math. I was challenged at VI academically and extracurricularly on the riding teams as well as personally with my relationships with peers and professors. I do not regret any of my time spent at this school. I was a part of the honors program, and that increased the challenge of the courses as well as the quality of the professors. The honors program opens doors to the students to gain direct access to the best professors and programs on campus. The size of the school allows for very personal relationships with those professors which then allows for a very personalized education. I believe that any student can gain any level of education from this school depending directly upon the effort the student applies. The more a student wants and works, the more they will get. I wanted and worked a lot and therefore received a very high quality education, that is what i want to emphasize the most.

yes, the school is old and the buildings resemble that. Yes the town is small but that is never hidden or suggested otherwise to incoming students. No, VI is not for everybody, I am not going to pretend it is, but for the student who wants a very personalized education with accessible and personally invested professors, a friendly community of a campus, and a bit of old school charm, then VI is the place to go.

Compare VICSave VIC