StudentsReview :: California State University - Long Beach - Extra Detail about the Comment

San Diego State University -- San Diego, CA
California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

California State University - Long Beach

Alumni Survey

Average
Date: May 18 2011
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
Do not try to please everyone. There are a lot of weirdos at this school. Don't get me wrong, there are good people there, but I've had a lot of bad experiences with the students on and off campus. Some of the boys are perverts, all they want to do is hoot and holler at everyone regardless if boy or girl. Even off campus, some slime recognizes me and hoots and hollers. I hardly felt safe after some time.

The day care needs to do a better job so the students do not allow their kids to run all over the place. Pretty much, the daycare leaves a lot to be desired.

The professors went off topic numerous times, disconnecting my interest in any class.

The campus is unsafe with bikes/skateboards and perverted students walking around. There is way too much grafitti all over the place and the janitors refuse to clean it up. What gives???

There is hardly any respect here anymore. My first year was not too bad as kids were a little more respectful then, but now, their attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

There is also a lot of trash all over the place, making the campus a mess. It is unacceptable. After graduation, I refused to pursue my master's degree, knowing that I do not feel welcome here. I went to a different school to take classes I'm interested in and the new school is so much better than this one.

Compare CSULB/CalState-Long BeachSave CSULB/CalState-Long Beach