StudentsReview :: Walden University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA+
Friendly, Approachable

Social Life
C
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jun 06 2011
Major: Communications (This Major's Salary over time)
I transferred to Walden after having attended Drexel University online and, in my opinion, Walden is the clearly better option. In short, they offer a better education for a fraction of the price.

Walden's coursework is much more relevant to the business world than Drexel's, and the course format encourages more meaningful discussion. At Drexel, I rarely found anything of interest on the discussion boards. At Walden, there are usually at least 2 or 3 people per class who can carry a thought-provoking, intelligent conversation.

Although I haven't been thrilled with all of my professors, they are more like facilitators to the coursework that is developed by the institution and interaction is minimal. Overall, I find them to be much more engaged that Drexel professors, and the majority were very good and very helpful. In addition, I have had almost exclusively positive experiences when I contact Walden, as compared to almost exclusively negative experiences with Drexel (post-enrollment, that is).

The only knocks I have on Walden are the lack of a reputation that carries a lot of weight, and the fact that some of the students probably aren't college material. Having attended a school with an undeserved strong reputation in Drexel, I would much prefer a school that just educates me well, as I feel Walden does. So reputation, in my opinion, is overrated. If Walden could find a way to make admission a little tougher, I think they would take care of the reputation issue.

Overall, Walden offers a quality education for a fair price. My experience with them has been very positive - a great blend of challenge and relevance.

Oregon State University (OR) 1:positive