StudentsReview :: Grand Canyon University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityF Extra CurricularsF
SafetyF

Faculty Accessibility
A-
She cares more about Campus Maintenance than the average student.
Date: Jun 08 2011
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
I can't speak a lot on the university itself. I'm an online student and found the class I took to be a waste of time. I left the University and now I attend Liberty which is also a christian university but more my speed when it comes to my money. Grand Canyon operates on a weird system when it comes to financial aid. They register you for classes 6 months in advance keeping a balance on your account. They do not go by the traditional system. When I questioned how my financial aid worked, I got there version of how things are supposed to be done by the federal governments standards. Newsflash!! I'm a returning student and dealt with financial aid for 6 years. When I explained to them that my award money is from fiscal year to fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th) of each year and I should have to apply around April for summer school and summer school money, they told me the operate on a system called b-bay. Still not clear on that term or what it means all I know is they have a racket going on with your money. My suggestion if you are trying to get away from there and take your transcripts with you is to take a leave of absence and they will credit your classes back to your account (not leaving you a bill) Then request your transcript as soon as possible to get the devil away from them. Everyone I spoke to was very pleasant and I met some really nice people, but when it comes to money I have to pay back, I don't take to kindly to being jerked around…

commentI found it interesting that you would grade the school grades that cannot apply to you as an online student. You listed yourself as "quite bright" but you have a problem with the context of the word "there". I wonn't argue that point any further. Liberty University is a good Christian school. I attend Liberty as a grad student. I earned my degree at Grand Canyon. I don't for a minute feel like I was cheated, and I am convinced that my Grand Canyon education has prepared me and is giving me an edge as a graduate student at Liberty. Any school is ultimately what you want to get out of it. Good luck at Liberty.
commentThank you for your feedback, I do consider myself "quite bright" and I'm glad you wonn't (won't) argue that point. I'm glad Grand Canyon was a good fit for you. I also am glad you didn't feel cheated, but that is the difference. I was expressing the way I felt. Also I can speak for a few fellow classmates and friends who have "attended" Grand Canyon and they feel it wasn't quite right for them also. Three of them attending on a Grad level. I wish you also continued success with your schooling and your career goals that you have set out for yourself
Compare GCUSave GCU