StudentsReview :: Grand Canyon University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly

Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Faculty Accessibility
Friendliness
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Jun 28 2011
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
When I first talked with the admission counselor, I felt like it was a gift from God. Everything went smoothly and he answered all of my questions. I was able to start class the following Monday and he called frequently to see if everything was ok. I ignored ALL the negative reviews. I am paying for it now. What I did not know was it was a set up from hell. The moment you start your first class, you are bound to keep going. They are going to do everything possible to keep you lock in. You have no grace period, and what you don't know can lock you in. By the time I was in my second class (which is 8-10 weeks later) all kinds of issued surfaced. The response time of my financial counselor was a joke. It had gotten to the point where I knew to speak to someone else, because she (Evelyn Garcia) would never call back. I had an issue with my financial aid that took over 3 weeks to get resolved, because I didn't know to stop waiting on her to return my call and just speak to someone else. In a 3 month time frame, I have had 3 different financial advisors which only delayed the time frame of my problems being solved. The lessons are not hard at all, but I have had no peace since the start of my second class. If you only focus on the class work and the work load, you will be deceived into thinking this school is for you. What you do not see is the hidden fees, the lack of peace that you will experience when trying to get some answers and most importantly the cost financially that you will be paying for their mistakes. In April I had to go into an emergency sheltor for domestic violence, I called and tried to speak with my financial aid advisor the moment I was at the sheltor. They told me to send a note explaining what happened. They still billed me 25% of the cost. I'm talking about a situation where I was running for my life, still trying to go to school, had 2 A's prior to that event and they did not waive the fees. I had only been in the class 4 days before I had to quit. 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since then I have been calling and calling trying to get that money off my account. Finally yesterday I spoke with Reggie one of the directors and he had the nerve to tell me that they do not waive fees, but he may be able to help me if I continue going to the school. Thats after finding out that I said I was going to transfer. Now you already know that's bondage, God does not operate like that. If you are not going to operate by biblical principals than do not say that you are a Christian School. I must mention after being released from the sheltor, I continued my class at the school and received a B. But I am choosing to leave because they do not operate with intergrity. In my opinion, if the head person in charge is operating out of his flesh, than it is expected to be said of those under him as well. As Chrisitan leader we are not suppose to operate like that. Our guidline is not how we feel, but the word of God. Everything we do should be based on Godly principals found in the word of God. They will try and talk to you as if they are in your best interest but it is false humility and it's deception. God gives us favor, but He does not show partialality with no man. It has taken me 3 months to get a responsse regarding the fees that they say I owe and now after talking with the director and hearing his response, I will tell anybody to run and don't even listen to what they say because they have been trained to tell you what you need to hear to lock you in. In the end, if you decide to leave the way that their financial aid is set up (nothing like other colleges) they know you can not transfer your credits. They will tell you that other colleges are that way, but what they don't tell you is that no matter what happens in you life, you still will owe them some money if you quit. 4 days into a class is not a grace period nor should I be exempt from hardship.
Compare GCUSave GCU