StudentsReview :: California State University - Chico - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

Friendly

SAT1680
Faculty Accessibility
A
He cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: Jul 07 2011
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
Let's clear the air a little. I would just like to say that I think many of the things that are said about Chico are true for every campus. People party, there's great faculty and lousy faculty…etc. This isn't exclusive to Chico.

That said, I finished my first year at Chico and I think it's my responsibility to give my opinion.

Overall, I enjoyed it very much. When I first came in I was stone-cold sober and didn't want to hit the party scene. Well, after getting out and having a good time, I can see that these things should be enjoyed while you are still 18-20 years old. You'll have have that opportunity to be crazy again. And Chico is a great place for friendly comraderie. Just strike a balance between self-progression and having fun.

The classes I have picked so far have all been engaging. I highly suggest using ratemyprofessors.com. You're paying for this place, get the best there is.

If I could place a general label on the diverse student body, I would say the majority are laid-back, friendly, not overly-competitive, and rarely stuck-up. I've met some good people here.

I believe the area is perfect for a college student. It's one of the cheapest CSUs, local goods are cheaper, housing is plentiful, and you're surrounded by those in your age group. Chico also is currently benefiting from a influx of improvements. We just opened a new dorm and dining hall, a state-of-the-art gymnasium,

Not to mention the area is also very beautiful. I run at Bidwell Park every day, and the downtown is great place to hang out in the evenings.

Now this might be true for all campuses as well, but I find Chico composes two sides of a very diverse spectrum. Yes, there are "bros" who party, and do nothing with their life but live on their dad's credit card and get hammered. At the same time, we have some of the best student organizations (such as AS Students and CAVE) and D2 athletics around. If you believe there won't be any intellectual activity, you are dead wrong.

Largely, you make your college experience. My advice is to challenge yourself to get involved in every way you can. Be a "yes person" and go to every event you hear of.

California State University - Chico