StudentsReview :: San Diego State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Unhelpful

SAT1180
Friendliness
A
He cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Jul 19 2011
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
An absolutely horrible university. If it were even halfway acceptable, then it would have ranked in the top 50 of the US NEWS AND WORLD REPORTS. I laughed at the comments stating that the students are so rich and gorgeous. They cannot afford to go anywhere else such as Stanford. Those who say that the students are really attractive or brilliant should visit other schools that are rich and have the Miss America contestants going there. The community is so horrible and run down. Most people who live in this part of San Diego are on welfare and commit crimes. The only decent parts of the area are Rancho Santa Fe and La Jolla. Another proof that this university is for the rejects - most students only have a 2.0 GPA and a 700 COMBINED SAT score. They're unintelligent and immature. Some didn't even take the SAT because they came from a junior college. When I transferred and attended other universities that ranked in the top 50 and was located in a decent community (average home STARTING at $900,000), I actually loved them. Again, SDSU is a school for the low class and unintelligent.

responseYour comments are completely unhelpful and I doubt you actually attended SDSU. Actually the "area" (I'm guessing you are talking about Montezuma) looks like it does because many of the students themselves rent out those 1-story ranch houses with the dead or cement lawns…La Jolla is far more expensive than the College area - and if you hate living next to the school, there are nicer places in La Mesa or Spring Valley!

Nice try but your comment sounds like trolling.

responseYou sound like a stuck up asshole
responseTo be absolutely honest, you sound like a classist bigot. To associate poverty with unintelligent, unattractive people is a bigoted, narrow-minded and privileged misconception. Ask yourself why people with money look so good, the answer is because they can afford better food, better health care, and access to better fitness oppurtunities. Students living in poverty sometimes have to work part time or even FULL TIME while attending school just to make ends meet or support their families, so often their grades suffer and they're distracted from their studies. To assume that everyone on welfare is committing crimes is also just a great insight into how little you know about the other side of the fence. Let me guess, I bet Daddy bought your car and pays your bills. I bet you were never homeless, never made responsible for the family bills before you were 18, and never had to work to make sure you and your parents and siblings could eat. Grow up, get some experience in the real world, cut the ties with your parents money, try to work and do school full time, and THEN come and talk to us about students living in poverty. Stupid bitch.
questionMay I inquire as to why you chose to attend this university as oppose to choosing another university that was geared more to your liking?
To answer the question of why I initially chose SDSU, it was because I wanted to get easy A's and then transfer to a better school later.
responseI also had a bad experience at SDSU. I know of innocent students who got robbed on campus and no one helped them. SDSU just wants your money and they won't help you even when you're in the right. The surrounding areas near SDSU aren't any better safety wise. But the problem was that no one warned me how it was going to be. If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school, I would have applied to a better school.
questionLa Mesa and Spring Valley are dumps to!
responseTo the
La Mesa and Spring Valley are dumps
guy, all I can say is: fuck off.
commentYou sound like a privledged judgmental bitter bigoted asshole. And I attend UCSB so I'm impartial. Except for the fact that I'm from the hood and hate people who look down on poor folks.
question"And I attend UCSB so I'm impartial. Except for the fact that I'm from the hood and hate people who look down on poor folks." It's hard to believe that you have really lived in a hood. Can this be a little bit of an exaggeration?
questionRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual