StudentsReview :: Green Mountain College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityC Extra CurricularsA-
SafetyB
Friendly, Approachable

C
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Aug 04 2011
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
G.M.C. is amazing! I am entering into my senior year at Green Mountain College. I have worked hard and done well over the past couple of years. I have made some great friends since I have been here.It's interesting to see other people's perceptions of the college because they vary so greatly. The thing is, overall, students here are happy. Yeah, there is a little drama here and there, but that is found on any college campus you visit. Do some students drink? Yep. Do some students smoke pot? Yep. However, the idea that just because Green Mountain is an environmental school so we must be plagued with hippies is simply not true. Yes, there are a few odd birds on campus, but I've been to other schools to visit friends and they have the same freaks. Most students here are thoughtful, intelligent, independent, and NORMAL. Green Mountain is a progressive school in that the faculty really care that students are learning and the school is really a pioneer in the environmental realm. BUT..the college offers more than just environmental programs. It feels like so much attention is given to the environmental mission that people miss other things that the college has to offer. The education programs are so amazing. I've learned so much over the past couple of year my head is spinning. So, I'm here and I'm happy. G.M.C. is the shit.
Compare GMCSave GMC