StudentsReview :: Winona State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Afraid, Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

ACT:26
Safety
He cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Aug 10 2011
Major: Engineering Department (This Major's Salary over time)
I know many people happy to attend WSU. I also know many leaving because the science and engineering departments are a joke. My advisor whose name I cannot even pronounce correctly was distant, wouldn't reply to an email, and was almost unreachable. He gave me absolutely zero advice besides telling me what classes to take, it was like talking to a robot that speaks broken english. The engineering department was very smug and unelpful, and only see you as a number. You will pick up nothing but a pencil until your junior year, then you'll find out that the faculty doesn't actually know how to do ANYTHING, the projects and hands on experiences are junior high level and nothing more. The professors here are pretty bad in general, but there are a couple good ones. Most either don't know wtf they are talking about or just don't care about their job at all, which makes for an extremely boring class. I am transferring out mostly because I felt like the engineering department was a huge joke, I myself would never consider hiring a graduate from this school because they don't teach you anything useful at all. I went to about 1/3 of my classes and escaped with a B average, which is pretty sad because I'm no genious.

The area Winona is in is beautiful, but the city besides campus itself, which is in good shape, is half rubble and beaten up from flooding. The people are very close minded and unfriendly in general, although I still talk to a few people I met there. There really isn't much to do besides drink, and the only place to do that is at one of the few bars downtown or at some little house party. WSU is like a big highschool, with cliques and lots of small groups of people who would never dare meeting new people. Also, I have met lots of people here who must have been locked in their room till age 18, which I don't know whether to laugh or cry at.

There's very few jobs in town also, good luck with that. There are also very few internships or anything like that to be had for an engineering major.

If you are actually serious about learning, preparing for the real world, and want to leave highschool behind, this is not the school for you.

Hey pal, the town hasn't had a flood in close to 50 years. There is no rubble, just the crud in your eyes passing judgement on a smaller town town than the preppy suburb you came from. It is an older river town with "townies". What are the chances of that? Grow up, realize you are there to study, not have the town entertain your entitled backside.
Compare WSUSave WSU