StudentsReview :: Norfolk State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

Safety
C
A
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Aug 10 2011
Major: Computer Science (This Major's Salary over time)
Norfolk State is one of the most spirited HBCUs out there, its alot of proud Spartans despite the schools reputation. Depending on what you are majoring in, its a great learning enviroment. If you are thinking of majoring in Computer Science, Nursing, or Mass Communications it is the school for you. It is not exactly out-of-state friendly so you will need pently of financial aid. The area is not the best place to live in but if you are use to urban areas you should'nt have a problem adjusting.It is what you make it you can either have fun, learn, and make lots of friends or complain about how bad everything is and be miserable. I often said and heard other people say this "Norfolk State University is easy to get into but hard to get out". I think that sums it all up, but if you stay focus you have nothing to worry about.
responseI graduated, or should I say escaped , from that pit a few years ago. They made me take an astounding 280 credit hours and a total of ten years of classes to get a 5 year degree and teaching license. Every semester they would add another semester of classes. I could understand if I had been failing classes, but I was an A student with 3 years of previous college and 14 years as a certified Navy instructor. I knew as much if not more than many of my profs. and was shocked by the quality or lack thereof, of the staff. This isn't sour grapes, it's the truth. The school discriminated against me and forced me to do twice as much as required. They destroyed my dreams of teaching and put me so far in debt that they have ruined my financial future. Lame ass school!
Compare NSUSave NSU