StudentsReview :: The University of Phoenix Phoenix Campus - Extra Detail about the Comment

Tulsa Community College -- Tulsa, OK

SafetyB-
Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Friendly, Condescending, Unhelpful

Friendliness
She cares more about Campus Maintenance than the average student.
Date: Aug 12 2011
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
I'll try to remain as unbiased as possible. I'll start with the condition of my campus. If you enjoy an actual campus feel, I wouldn't attend UOP. They all tend to be in office parks, very nice one's I might add. Mine suffered from a slight infestation problem, and no air conditioning for half of the time I was there. As far as finances, the school is expensive, and I don't feel like a quite got my money's worth. You attend class once a week, and all of your professors are part time with other full time responsibilites. Most do very well with managing that,some don't. The school is largely independent study, and you're basically given several chapters to read and an assignment to turn in after it. It's well organized for a partially online school, with several means to contact your professor and fellow classmates. Turning in your homework is extremely easy. You always have a group assignment to turn in. If you don't work well with others, do not attend this school. Many students balance family and work as well, and seem rather happy to pass on their portion of group work to you. I would never suggest this school to a younger student. As one myself, I sometimes felt immediately judged by my classmates as less knowledgable or immature. I've had more than one situation where an older student vehemently stated I was wrong, their accusation being founded on my lack of life experience. I also felt that classes were almost always bull sessions, little course work being discussed(I can't say this of all my classes). Please keep in mind that costs are progressive, which they failed to mention to me when I first enrolled. Accredidation is iffy, but I had no problems transfering a decent amount of my credits, but looking back, I would have just headed straight to the college I'm at now. I think this is a great school for your masters, but not your undergrad. Sorry, I'm not a Phoenix.
Compare UPhoenix-PhoenixSave UPhoenix-Phoenix