StudentsReview :: Christendom College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Not so bright
Useful Schoolwork
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A
He cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Date: Aug 24 2011
Major: Philosophy (This Major's Salary over time)
First off, I don't even know why this school is accredited. I wanted to Major in Philosophy, but didn't realize that I would not freely think at this school. Most of the Professors in the department if not all of them see their own mumbo jumbo lectures as the whole truth (especially the one guy who swears by alternative medicine). I feel as if this school has resulted in some kind of old fashioned actually too old fashioned, I found that these kids here do not seek knowledge and want to turn it into wisdom, they all simply just accept it. Call it a good ol' Catholic School if you would, but it is more accept what I said, or get out of my class.

Most of the faculty here and the students do not believe in evolution and mostly keep their lives outside of the secular world. No tv and no internet in the rooms. It was good having an iPhone to connect with the internet, take that McFadden. R rated movies, uh no, 18-22 year olds are too young to be seeing that stuff. I came here because my parents forced me to go, but I left after my second year and decided to join the military. Best decision of my life. The kids are nice here and the faculty are nice as long as you do not disagree with them, if you do you are a heathen. If you ask for proof about stuff, guess what, they have none. The school favors the guys, yes, they make sure that they all get what they want. Room inspections never happened for me, but the women have it pretty rough all the time. Too many kids are crammed into the room. A lot of guys, be warned ladies, came here for the women, yes it might sound strange, but living with these sorry saps for two years made me realize that they are not as holy rollers as you thought. THey just became desperate and thought it would be easy at Christendom, but silly them uh no not really.

One more thing, Evolution is still just a Theory, none of the professors think it should be taught at the school, Darwin was a minister he believed in God, and it doesn't rule out the possibility of God's interaction with the species.

Jacksonville University (FL) 1:neutral