StudentsReview :: Grand Canyon University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly

Faculty Accessibility
B
Useful Schoolwork
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Aug 29 2011
Major: Religion/Religious (This Major's Salary over time)
I am being honest when I say that I am a bright student. My twin brother graduated Summa Cum Laude from a very good brick and mortar university, and we are at the same level IQ wise. I actually like GCU. I am in my 4th course there (4.0 GPA), and so far it has been challenging and productive. I have not experienced any of the issues that other people have complained about on here. Maybe GCU has focused on fixing those areas, but personally, I have not had those problems. Hopefully, I am not in for a shock. The instructors are knowledgeable and professional. I will agree with some of the reviews on here about the education level of some of your classmates. Honestly, after working as an Army Recruiter and working at good brick and mortar colleges, I think that particular issue is a generational thing. Kinda sad. Plus you can also expect that from a school that has a 100% acceptance rate. But you can compare your grades against the averages of your fellow classmates, and everytime I run that report it seems pretty accurate. The instructors grade fairly (based on content and substance rather than style), and people do wash out, because online college is sink or swim (which may account for a few of the negative reviews on here). I was not a fan of the mandatory University Foundations course, but it did serve a purpose somewhat. If my continued experience at GCU stays at what I have experienced seen so far, then I will stay at GCU until I graduate. I have no big complaints, and so far I would definitely recommend GCU.
responseCongratulations, you are on the road to great success. I am a graduate of GCU and very happy that I attended. For most of the complaints that I have seen, if they do not find a school that will hold their hand throughout their degree program, they will never be happy where ever they go to school. There are enough success stories from GCU that a mature adult will know they are receiving a quality education. It takes commitment and discipline to succeed in any online format. You are on you way to success. Keep that attitude and you will one day be a proud graduate. Finally, my 4.0 GPA propelled me into an MBA program at another good university. They had no problem accepting my GCU transcript.
Compare GCUSave GCU