StudentsReview :: California State University - Long Beach - Extra Detail about the Comment

San Diego State University -- San Diego, CA
California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

California State University - Long Beach

Alumni Survey

Date: Sep 08 2011
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
My first few years, college life here was decent. I would go to the events that the school held without any problems. However, I have noticed a big change in the events as if they were only for high key and popular students, causing me to feel unwelcome. Also, I was the target of lewd and inappropraite jokes by the other students, ridiculed because of my disability and subjected to discrimination and bullying by non disabled students.

Some of the professors were very biased towards students with disabilities, making them feel less of a person and I had a couple of them.

People's attitudes around here have worsened over the years as if no one cares about anybody but themselves, entering the ME generation. It is sad that my last few years had to be outrageous and horrible. I hope that someday, people can at least act their age.

In addition, it is getting more pricer to attend college with tuition going up and the unnecessary spending by school officials. If only they would cut the unncessary spending and professor's forums on the weekends, there would be more to fix up the campus and offer more classes that fits everyone's schedues.

responseThe disabled students are probably smarter than these teachers. They don't teach anything. But then this school is for the poor people.
responseIn regards to this comment, students have become a lot more immature due to a lack of parenting, tolerance,etc. Tolerance of different people is very important and despite the school having a diverse student body, I do agree they need to be tolerant of people for other reasons such as military status, veteran status, sex , disability, religion, etc. Competition amongst the students was also a problem in my time and that will unfortunatly continue sadly. School is supposed to be for everyone and we do need to realize that everyone has one goal and dream of graudationg with a diploma for their families to be proud of.
Compare CSULB/CalState-Long BeachSave CSULB/CalState-Long Beach