StudentsReview :: National University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA
Friendly

Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A
He cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Sep 12 2011
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
National University seems to be a great choice, but has failed to meet my expectations. Unfortunately, I am a working older adult and have invested too much time here to start over at another university. Basically, every class follows this format (one course a month):

1. Read a lot in your text (expected, of course)

2. Mindless powerpoint presentation in class by adjunct professors who may be masters in their field, but not in teaching (you will learn very little in your 15 hours of class a week).

3. You will have to do a research paper (usually mindless busy work type papers).

4. A major group project (great idea for working adults, right?)

From my current professor's point of view: " The projects need to be more difficult because you can learn more from them" and "Get on the internet and do some research, you learn more if you have to work harder to get the information!" Really? So my $1500 a month doesn't earn me a classroom education? Why are we required to come to class? If I'm teaching myself, then stop taking roll and don't worry if I show up or not. I will use the extra 15 hours a week to work on my paper and my group can meet to work on our project.

National University is quite expensive, but I have learned more in my reading of the required text than I have in class. If you are ok with mindless busy work and sitting through required hours of class learning nothing, then National University is for you.

Compare NationalSave National