StudentsReview :: The University of Missouri - Kansas City - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Closeminded

Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Faculty Accessibility
B+
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Sep 14 2011
Major: Geography and Geosciences (This Major's Salary over time)
Had I known 2 years ago the things I know now about UMKC, I would've chosen a different university. My department & degree specifically, BA Environmental Studies in Geosciences Department, has the worst faculty so far as availability goes. One of the professors who is an advisor as well as the head for the internship program is unavailable aproximately 90-95% of the time. I had requested that she write a recommendation letter for me for graduate school and she said she would. A month later and she still has not submitted it. If you email her, she never replies. She never answers her phone or is she ever in her office. The other advisor is worthless for the most part as well. The chair however has been very helpful in my times of need. If I had my choice, I would transfer to another university to finish my degree as I feel I will be walking away with a bachelor's having learned nothing. The financial aid departent is a nightmare. More than half the time the person you always get transfered to never answeres their phone. If you leave a message, they don't call you back. They're greedy among all other things. UMKC is a bottom rate university with a top rate tuition scale. It's the worst university I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
Compare UMKC/UMiss-Kansas CitySave UMKC/UMiss-Kansas City