StudentsReview :: The University of St Thomas - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyF

Not so bright
Faculty Accessibility
B
She cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: Sep 23 2011
Major: Unknown (This Major's Salary over time)
Ive been to this school for several years and am currently a senior. To sum it all up, I definitely dislike this school more than I like it. I mean, I dont like it that much, but in all honesty, it has several good things about it also.

First off, all the "reviews" here tend to be about other classmates and how rich, spoil, etc they are. Yeah, some are, but who cares? Theyre not the ones giving you the grades honey, its the professors. So for me, I dont care about my classmates and whatnot, Im not interested in knowing anyone, making friends, etc. I am interested in getting a degree. So lets focus on the professors instead, because they are the ones who are grading you.

Each professor is different. Remember also that this school is catholic, so NEARLY everyone is catholic or christian of some sort. I find here that there are a lot of horrible professors here, probably like every college to be fair though but definitely RESEARCH RESEARCH who your professor is before taking a class with them. There is absolutely no guarantee that you will have a good professor unless you check their reviews online and make sure you have the best possible professor for EACH course. Your grades will sour if you get a bad prof, and there are plenty at this school.

Also being catholic, 3 theology courses are required. So be prepared to learn about imaginary myths, messiahs, prophets and the great old powerful imaginary guy in the sky call "god."

School ground is clean and safe, and looks nice. But I agree with other reviews, definitely very little money is given to financially help students or expand the science department (which is the most important aspect of a college). Money is spent on helping the jocks (athletic center ) and making the school look good. Even professors are underpaid.

Also, most department is small. The biggest one is business. There are over 100 business professors, associate prof, and adjunct Profs here, so business can be exciting to major here, but not so much for students not majoring in business.

And yes, some kids are snotty, some are not. Most are christians, and do need a good few slapping for being retarded and religious, but hey if youre into that kind of thing, this school is for you.

If I had known what I know now about St. Thomas though, I would never had attended it. But I did and am graduating soon, so I do agree that its not the best school, but Ive stucked it through and Im okay.

Compare USTSave UST