StudentsReview :: Seattle Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Afraid, Closeminded

Social Life
D+
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
He cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Oct 01 2011
Major: Computer Science (This Major's Salary over time)
I'm a junior who just transferred into SPU and decided to live on campus in the dorms in attempt to get to know some new people. While I've gotten to know my immediate roommates the social scene around the SPU campus can be compared to a Friday night in a one stop light town. Maybe I haven't ran into the right people who like to have a good time (alcohol included), but just asking other students if they party is awkward and ends with an immediate no. I'm not asking for a campus social scene where everyone gets rip roarin drunk on the weekends, just a chance to relax have a drink and get to know some new people, maybe a little beer pong and some semi loud music. I was excited to see the amount of cute girls walking around campus, but how are you suppose to get to know any cute girl if the best thing happening on campus Friday night, is some uptight, sober pizza party, where everyone sits around and talks about their majors and how much they like or dislike their teachers. It's amazing how just a drink can relax people and make it much easier to build new relationships, it is a dry campus, I know, but come on its college, loosen up people. WSU is a dry campus and every time I've been their I've had the chance to party and meet some cool people. The social scene is my only complaint with SPU, everything else I love, beautiful campus, great teachers and much more. I'd just like to summarize the SPU social scene with something I witnessed my first Friday night on campus. Walking by a campus house, I noticed 8 people sitting around a living room watching a girl play violin, for fun!!! Maybe I'm at the wrong school, but its only my first week, maybe it will get better from here. Oh, and if you wear a lot of nut huggers, vans, and deep v's this is the school for you.

LOL, I'm starting this fall and that was exactly my concern. The uptight, sober social scene is definitely not for me. Luckily I won't be living on campus… Let's see how this pans out.
responseI am a freshmen here and I have noticed the same thing…Im looking to have a good time on the weekends and so far I have not done that. Hopefully that will change as the year goes on…
Compare SPUSave SPU