StudentsReview :: Lindenwood University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arrogant, Condescending, Self Absorbed

ACT:20
Average
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Oct 15 2011
Major: Communications (This Major's Salary over time)
The good things about this school: it's absolutely gorgeous, the natural life on old campus is well kept and you will meet great, lifelong friends. The end.

Now to the negative. Everything. I left this school for the University of Illinois. A real, actually challenging school. Lindenwood I feel did not challenge me. I sat around my dorm most of the day after classes since there is no night life unless you're 21. And if you are 21 and come back to the dorm drunk they make you call your parents and tell them you have been drinking. So to begin the rules and policies are ridiculous.

The dorms are same-gendered. In a sense that is nice because you can walk out in a sports bra and shorts and feel okay. But the visitation is horrible. You can only have the opposite gender in the dorm from 4-10pm on weekdays and only till midnight on weekends. If your movie ran 4 minutes over the end of visitation you had to stop watching and pick up the last 4 minutes later. Also other parts of campus close after 12 so it's impossible to work on a project with peers anytime past that. The open door rule is very enforced. My RD would use a ruler.

The staff was alright. Some of them really cared about you and really wanted you to succeed. Other staff did not care about you and would demean and be incredibly rude to students. They would just tell classes they are dumb and don't know what they're doing. It made many students in that class never attend.

Campus security is either really good or really bad. You have to be on their good side. If you are on their good side you get whatever you want. I never had to pay a parking ticket because they loved me. Other people I know had to pay hundreds in parking tickets just because who they are.

The parking situation is horrible. They do not have enough space. The residents don't have enough parking and during the day the commuters take all the residents parking. It's a mess finding a place to park. Also if you are handicapped don't expect to find a handicapped parking space.

That brings me do the lack of ADA Compliance this school has. It is impossible to get around if you are any way physically handicapped. I wear a leg brace and use a wheelchair from time to time. The school didn't even care to put me in a handicapped dorm. The dorm next to me was more handicapped. Also they never clear the roads or anything. You can't get them to change classrooms if you can't access them. I had a few classes I missed often because I couldn't get to the 4th floor of Roemer.

All in all this school is a joke. Many people describe it as a joke. They treat you like children and you gain no independence what so ever. I moved out in November and commuted most the year after that. I with-drew from Lindenwood and went to a respected University.

Becker College (MA) 1:neutral