StudentsReview :: National University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyC+
Friendly

Unhelpful

Friendliness
He cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Oct 15 2011
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
I have already worked as a behavioral therapist for two years. I assumed that with my single subject credential (from a Cal State University, you know, one of the credentialing schools that actually teach teachers) that I would come in with some transferable credits. Except they nickeled and dimed me out of my health, tech, and behavior management course work that I had completed in my previous cerd and undergrad. They even tried to tell me that I would have to take a government class, I told the adviser that that was one of the stupidest ideas I'd ever heard, I possessed a credential to teach history. I told her she had better figure out a way to remove that requirement before I walked out. I'm that kind of person, no apologies. There was nothing special about any course, not one course, not one has taught anything that would help a Special Education Candidate for Moderate/Severe in any possible way. I have on three occasions changed assignments and told professors I was changing the criteria because they failed to include me, and they were total honey badgers about it (didn't care), or took credit for the great idea. I usually have to explain things to others in that waste of time discussion board process where the really awesome students can share some amazing insight that can actually help me, but the "I would never be mean, because that's so wrong" type of student gets equal points. I only signed up with NU because I couldn't afford to waste my life and teach for free for 36 weeks in student teaching at a CSU. But now, I might land an internship so I am looking into transferring to a cheaper and better accommodated CSU school.
responseFunny you should mention that. I've had posts removed multiple times by instructors for being "inappropriate" and "rude." One discussion in particular was on vitamins and minerals in a nutrition class. I guess they didn't appreciate my crass response to the classmate who copied and pasted information on the WRONG kinds of minerals: coal, clay, ect.
Compare NationalSave National