StudentsReview :: Belmont Abbey College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

Friendly

C+
A
He cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Nov 04 2011
Major: Political Science (This Major's Salary over time)
I graduated a long time ago, but have some fond memories of The Abbey. When I was there, religion wasn't really an issue between the students. We took our logic classes and philosophy, but that was just part of the well rounded program. WhenI heard about the complaints with the healthcare insurance not covering birth control, I had only one thought. "Didn't these people realize they were going to work for a Catholic institution?! I get frustrated when people try to force a school or any organization to change to conform to their way of thinking even though going in they are aware of the school or organizations stance on issues. The school has every right to change their insurance when they deem it necessary, and especially if it comflicts with Catholic teachings. They complainants are free to work there or go some where that is open to their way of thinking. One person on here posted that people were fired for asking about birth control insurance. That is patently false! They did however sue the school over the issue.

I think BAC is a decent school. I don't know what the party scene is like but even if it is too wild for some, I have always found that the religious aspect of the school helps instill a sense of responsibility even if the party gets a little out of hand. I do believe now, that for the money you could probably go someplace that has more name recognition.

Compare BACSave BAC