StudentsReview :: The University of Alabama - Huntsville - Extra Detail about the Comment

Auburn University -- Auburn University, AL

The University of Alabama - Huntsville

Survey is Blank
Approachable

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Average
Safety
B+
She cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Nov 04 2011
Major: Engineering Department (This Major's Salary over time)
I WAS trying to earn a degree in electrical engineering until my advisor was literally NEVER in his office - including the 2 days that he was scheduled. I decided to try to get help from another senior staff member. Every time I approached him in his office, he would say "what do you want?". My last and final straw was one semester after completing a lab class with a TA that obviously discriminated against females. I casually discussed the issues I was experiencing with another staff member and he stated "Yeah, everyone knows about him. As a matter of fact, he refused to share office space with another female TA and we had to move her." He then proceeded to inform me that the reason the school doesn't do anything about him is because "there just aren't enough TA's to teach the labs - they're taking anyone and everyone they can."

If you're female and planning to get a degree in EE, you can't avoid the guy. Forget about discrimination - UAHuntsville has decided to ignore the issue. Bottomline, if you're female and trying for your EE, throw your respect out the window and be prepared to work twice as hard as your male counterparts.

Compare UAH/UAlabama-HuntsvilleSave UAH/UAlabama-Huntsville