StudentsReview :: The University of South Alabama - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

SAT1290
Excess Competition
University Resource Use
C
She cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Nov 14 2011
Major: Geography and Geosciences (This Major's Salary over time)
I went to South Alabama because it was relatively cheap and I was told that they had a better than average geosciences dept. That may be true, but it turned out to be the most miserable year of my life. I transferred to the University of Florida that first summer and have not regretted my decision once.

I can truthfully say that I disliked almost everything about the school, the students, the faculty and especially the seedy city of Mobile. The negatives are simply too numerous to recount. The words unhelpful, self-absorbed, close-minded, stuffy, sneaky-mean, self-righteous, xenophobic, hostile and grasping come to mind. And that's the campus world!

As for Mobile, I doubt that there is a more racially polarized, class conscious, physically unappealing city in the entire South. And heaven help you if you speak with a Northern accent and aren't a born again Baptist! If your politics aren't the "right" kind they will treat you like dirt and enjoy every minute of it. Memories of my run-ins with the local troglodytes still rankles. If you are the least bit liberal and open minded they don't want you there.

My advice to anyone from the north or west or Europe is to avoid this school at all costs. You can almost certainly do better someplace else.

Compare USASave USA