StudentsReview :: Western International University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Western International University

Survey is Blank
Friendly, Afraid

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

"Individual" treatment
D-
Success-Understanding
D
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Dec 31 1969
Major: Computer Engineering (This Major's Salary over time)
Aubrey Clinch is not a good role model for students of Western International University. He spends most of the class room time having students give their article synopsis presentations then he does lecturing about the topic. The longest I have heard him lecture was the first night of class when he was going over the syllabus. Last week class (11/9/2011) he lectured for 45 mins and other than a 10 min break, the rest of the class was presentations. This is not what I paid for. If a student challenges him, he becomes defensive, tries to make the student feel stupid and offers no help what so ever to resolve the problem. He only pays attention to email, and ignores any other form communication that ?MYWIU? offers. He has yet to respond to anything I have posted in ?My Journal?. He refuses to except late assignments saying we are adults and need to make time to complete our assignments unless he has been notified by the university that we had an emergency, we are not allowed to contact him. But if he falls short in answering emails or whatever it is, he says he has many students to handle and we need to be patient in awaiting his reply. He does not share the PowerPoint slides provided to him by the university saying that the slides are proprietary and he is not allowed, the problem with is that we do not get to see to them during class either. We are lucky if we get to see 5 .ppt slides the entire class. The slides we do get to see have WIU all over them and are colored purple. Not the most updated .ppts that WIU has to offer is it? He starts all his students off with ?F?s? and says that is how WIU wants it done. Are the students at WIU to be treated as adults or children? Aubrey Clinch is the only instructor I have had during my time at WIU that gives their students ?F?s? from the beginning and refuses to share or show the correct PowerPoint slides. He is also the only instructor that insists in having every student give their presentation every week in class. God forbid he have 5 students give their presentation and the rest of time devoted to lecture and actual instructing. Aubrey Clinch does not know anything about IT-670 and should not be teaching this course.

Aubrey Clinch is also on a power trip and tried to control every aspect of the class. One night he was having trouble loading a student?s presentation, instead of allowing her the ability to share her desktop and proceed with the presentation, he wasted more time trying to figure out how to upload it. He constantly repeats and repeats everything he says. No wonder he is not able to give a full lecture, he repeats himself so much, he gets confused and has to stop.

He has yet to lecture longer than the 1st night of class. He was also going to allow me to create a final presentation, record it, email it to him (for later grading) and not tell me that one was not due.

I have been complaining about this instructor for almost 8 weeks and I have gotten nowhere. I keep being told that he is within his rights as an instructor. What about my rights as a student? Do I not have the right to have a complaint fall on someone who will take a look? I will never recommend this university to anyone. You do not care about your students all you want is the check from me and the check box next to

Hired an African American
I am tired of trying to get someone to take a look at the man. Listen to his recordings, talk to his students. Most of his students are too afraid to say anything, for fear of what he will do.
Compare WEST/WIUSave WEST/WIU