StudentsReview :: Northwood University Michigan - Extra Detail about the Comment

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI

Surrounding CityA+ Extra CurricularsA
SafetyA+
Friendly, Approachable

ACT:33
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
Excess Competition
B
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Nov 19 2011
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I'm signed to throw the shot and disc at Northwood for the next four years. During my official visit I absolutely fell in love with the students, campus, city, and the night life. At first I had my nosed turned up at the school due to the fact it was a member of NCAA division II. However, I quickly realized it didn't matter. Especially being that track and field athletes compete between all levels of competition. Once I got past that, I was able to take in the wonderful atmosphere that Northwood offered. The students I met were all extremely friendly and eager to meet me. Not one person turned their nose up to me and brushed me off. My hosts for the weekend were absolutely amazing. We clicked very well! I hadn't had that type of connection with track athletes from any of the other schools I had previously visited. I carried a 4.0 in high school along with achieving a 33 on the ACT, so getting in wasn't a problem for me. However for those students who carry much lower numbers this is a school where you won't be automatically excluded by a general benchmark number. I'll be coming here with a friend next year who has a 2.1 GPA and a 18 on the ACT. Does this mean the school has no standards? No, it simply means they look at the entire profile of the student instead of just their GPA. Overall I loved this school and can't wait to spend four wonderful years here!
Compare NUMSave NUM