StudentsReview :: Grand Canyon University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Super Brilliant
D
Faculty Accessibility
A
He cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Nov 22 2011
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
I am currently a Senior in the online program. I've completed 2 "academic years" at GCU already. My experience at this school started out fine, very good in fact. However, after a few months it started going down hill, fast. In the 18 months that I've been attending the school they have changed advisors on me more than 10 times, usually without notice. No one calls to check up on you (unless you are struggling in class or miss posting for a week…got to keep that money coming in somehow). They messed up my FAFSA the second year, their financial aid records are very confusing, to the point where they dont even understand them. They messed up on my academic schedule and made me take a class that I didn't need, and they've made numerous errors in my financial record. (So, if you go, keep copies of everything, including emails!) The academics have been pretty good (except for some of the quizzes in this last class I took), and the professors are usually polite and helpful, but the administration of the school has some serious problems. It routinely takes 1-2 weeks for the finance office to get back to you, and half the time you call you get the message that "your counselor is unavailable". If you try to talk to the "next available counselor" they just tell you to talk to your regular counselor. If I had the opportunity I would have transferred out of GCU and I would not recommend them to my enemies, let alone my friends.
Compare GCUSave GCU