StudentsReview :: Biola University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Alumni Survey

Not so bright
Date: Nov 29 2011
Major: Unknown (This Major's Salary over time)
I have never been to Biola, and I didn't know it even existed until a yr ago. I would caution anyone to not go to a Christian University, esp a university such as Biola. They are not accredited by any state or national board of regents. Every degree they offer can be obtained at a public university for a fraction of the cost. I am against private universities.

responseWhat an absolute load of garbage. Biola is ranked as a National University and recieved the highest possible accredidation by WASC. I went to Biola for undergrad and hold additional graduate degrees from USC, Johns Hopkins, and MIT so I'm pretty darn confident I have an accredited, highly respected, degree. Why are people who, by their own admission, "have never been to Biola" allowed to rank it as a university?
responseBiola University is both highly accredited and nationally ranked. It is true that Biola is expensive but that does not make it a bad university. As a general note, college is expensive.
responseI agree that it's not a good school I do not want to be at Biola but I'm unable to go to where I want to because I couldn't get into Berkeley or UCLA. I think that most students are here because they couldn't get in to a good school.
responseI'm in the same post as the student who commented before me. Unfortunately, my GPA wasn't high enough to go to Berkeley or UCLA. When I visit my friends at those schools, I feel so unlucky for the education I'm getting here. I should've paid attention in high school so I could've gone to a nice school.
questionBiola alums actually got into USC, Johns Hopkins and MIT? Those alums don't seem capable of moving up to that degree!
Compare BiolaSave Biola