StudentsReview :: Eastern Washington University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Eastern Washington University

SafetyA+
Friendly

Friendly

ACT:21
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
Excess Competition
Social Life
She cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Nov 30 2011
Major: Nursing (This Major's Salary over time)
Eastern Washington University is not for everyone, but fpr certain programs it's fantastic. I am a Nursing major, and Eastern has a program that goes through WSU College of Nursing. For me, EWU was the best option. It's cheaper and easier to get into classes than at WSU and it's in the Spokane AREA, in which I would have to be during Nursing school anyways (Pullman WSU transfers all Nursing majors to Spokane) On top of that I am close to Spokane to volunteer at the hospitals in hopes of putting it on my resume and gain experience for Nursing school. Pullman doesn't have that same resource. For Nursing majors, EWU is a great school to get everything done and still have the 4-year experience. I live in a dorm and I like it just fine. There is plenty to do on campus, and I love it. The thing about EWU is if you want to have a horrible time here, you will. You have to get involved to have a good time here. If you don't, it's your own fault. However, I do agree for certain programs DO NOT go here. (Like engineering, math, pre-med) Teaching and Psychology are also great degrees for this school! I love the campus and as far as staff goes…I don't know WHO would say they aren't nice. Not only did they advising staff help me figure out a 4 year plan for a 5 year degree, but they also led me on for great resources for Nurses. I work with the Admissions staff, some of the nicest people I know. My professors know me and I didn't go out of my way to even meet them. Some of the classes are hard, some not so much. Either way, I love Eastern and for certain degrees it's a great school.

PS: I am from Seattle (Central District, near Garfield High School) - and I don't mind Cheney/Spokane one bit

Spokane like Compton? Have you ever been there before?

I don't think you have.