StudentsReview :: Rocky Mountain College - Extra Detail about the Comment

ACT:26
Campus Maintenance
Friendliness
A
She cares more about Campus Maintenance than the average student.
Date: Dec 15 2011
Major: Journalism (This Major's Salary over time)
I am writing this review in hopes that I can save other students from making the same mistake I did as a high school graduate. I had aspirations of becoming an equine journalist, and the faculty at Rocky's equestrian program practically promised me that I'd come out of their program with a job. 4 years and tens of thousands of dollars later, I have a useless journalism degree and no job. The equine program itself is falling apart at the seams- horses are overworked and constantly lame, the new director resigned after only one semester and to top it all off, the owner of the facility wants to sell the place altogether. And that's just the equine facility (which, by the way, is a grueling 15 mile commute from campus!

A majority of the professors on campus are really great. The student to faculty ratio is really low, so everyone's on a first-name basis. There, that's my one- and pretty much only- positive about Rocky.

On a darker note, the administration office at Rocky is a combination of some of the worst organized and least helpful people I have ever had the misfortune of falling into contact with. My personal grievances with them include: lost scholarship checks, lost paychecks, chronically incorrect balance statements and the tacking on of late fees to anything and everything they possibly can. Oh, and don't forget they need at least and hour and a half for lunch.

University of Guelph (Canada) 1:neutral