StudentsReview :: The University of Arkansas - Monticello - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable, Broken Spirit, Closeminded

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant, Self Absorbed

Faculty Accessibility
A
He cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Dec 16 2011
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
This place is far worse than I imagined. It may be perfect for those who grew up around the farms, but for anyone who has seen the rest of the world…I would seriously reconsider. People are stuck in 1994 here and the technology shows it. I truly believe that most instructors here would be swallowed whole if they ever had to go to a real research university. This school does not promote free-thinking, nor does it promote research and learning. Their methods are the classic memorization of text that is proven to be pointless. I went to high school in Arkansas in the 90's and I feel that I am right back in those classrooms. Its a sit down, shut up and listen type of place at UAM. As a transfer student, I'm accustomed to a group setting where discussion is promoted and where instructors actually care whether or not you care about the class. This school is perfect for you if you are: Christian, narrow-minded, agricultural major, or you just don't want to leave the area. I have no problem living around the small town and I understand the need for a school here. I do not see the need for a sub-par university where the staff and faculty seem to be more interested in getting off work than doing their jobs.
Compare UAMONT/UArkansas-MonticelloSave UAMONT/UArkansas-Monticello