StudentsReview :: Grand Canyon University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Long Island University Brooklyn -- Brooklyn, NY

Grand Canyon University

Alumni Survey

Date: Jan 19 2012
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
I did a dual degree. I really enjoyed GCU at first; the last year was truly sad. The school was very unorganized and riddled with numerous errors including taking a class that I did not need to take to graduate and financial aid error that caused hardship on my end. Sadly, they did nothing to rectify the extra class other then saying—
Opps..well you have an extra class now on your transcript

Sometimes it would take up to 4 weeks to have a return phone call or email. When I first noticed the financial aid error, they said the 4 week delay addressing my question was due being reassigned a new FA advisory—but sadly since it had been 4 weeks, now it was too late to fix.
I will add the instructors were awesome and I really did learn from them. However, since they also teach outside GCU, I would suggest you go to another school that is more organized and makes you feel like a student not burden. Or at least a school that takes responsibility for their errors rather then just brushing them off.

At one time I encouraged others to enroll in the school and was so proud of my school, now I am not even telling anyone where I graduated and if it comes up, I just say, that the last year was horrible due to the cost and frequent changes in Academic and FA advisers (it changes several times per year).

Compare GCUSave GCU