StudentsReview :: California State University - Chico - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

Friendly, Approachable

Useful Schoolwork
B
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jan 19 2012
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
I was a good student in HS, not a drinker/partier. I went to Chico because my sister had gone there, I'd visited her and thought the school was lovely. My parents were not very involved in my selection; all they seemed to care about was that it not cost them much. Chico was affordable, and I ended up paying for a lot of it myself.

Gorgeous town. Gorgeous campus. People say CSU is a party school; I saw plenty of partying but my friends and I didn't drink/do drugs and we still had a lot of fun. You can go to the huge parties and have a Pepsi in your hand. I was in a sorority for about a year but quit because the mandatory socials took too much of my time, and I was serious about getting my degree.

Really liked all my professors, learned a lot, ended up with several job offers in my field. Part of me will always wish I'd tried for a more prestigious school—I had the grades for a UC—but I also know my parents would have griped about spending a dime more than they had to. And truly, being a Chico grad has never held me back professionally. I had no trouble getting hired or promoted at work.

California State University - Chico