StudentsReview :: Oakland University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyF
Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

ACT:29
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #001397; line-height:80px';float:left;
Useful Schoolwork
B+
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Jan 22 2012
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
I'm a freshman at OU right now, and this is my second semester (Winter 2012). I don't want to go off on Oakland with a negative post or whatever, that's not productive at all. So the best I can hope to do is help others so they don't have my crap experience.

Anyway, campus life here at oakland is missing in action. weekends are a ghost town (I live here), party life is nothing, and plenty of people here are about clean fun(nothing wrong with that, just a problem when there isn't any to start with). There isn't really much going on during the day either, just walk to class, walk back to dorm (OC or library if you commute), eat crappy cafeteria food, walk to class, walk to dorm, sit, sleep, repeat. I'm sure commuters feel the same way too.

Classes here are a joke, my professors last semester and this semester don't know what they're talking about, the ones that do are pushovers. So you'll have an easy time if that's what you're going for. Don't expect to learn much if anything.

The cafeteria and food court are yet another thing that I should advise against. The subway in the food court is lazy, they don't clean up their knives and make crap sandwiches. The only good restaurant is Chick Fill-A (but it's unhealthy), the rest are sub-par quality. The cafeteria is just sad. They'll have decent food on tour days, that's about it. It's also the same basic thing every day, I've lost about 7 pounds so far this year from losing my appetite so often. Weekends is the worst time if you enjoy eating. The subway (which sucks) is open for 4 hours, and the cafeteria pretty much ignores it's food, leaving food out or not putting food out. Best bet is to walk over to Applebees or have food in your dorm.

That pretty much sums up my rant haha. The best advice I can give to anyone considering this school is to not even bother with it. Presentation is great at the beginning of the year, but it just slows down into a sluggish atmosphere that a snail would even tell it to speed up.

Also, the people who live here are all spoiled and rich. Many have cars (which explains the bad parking for commuters).

Basically avoid this cesspool at all costs!

questionCan u even have females in your room or apartment if your a male?
Compare OaklandSave Oakland