StudentsReview :: Tucson College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

Arrogant, Unhelpful

Excess Competition
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Feb 15 2012
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
The school is nice looking and all, and the students that I've met so far are pretty nice and open minded, but the faculty drives me NUTS. You can get a good professor as long as you check ratemyprofessor.com beforehand but if you need any help with the advisors or anyone else for that matter they are completely rude. I'm not typically a disrespectful or rude person, but with this faculty no matter where you are (the student resource desk, the testing center, etc) no matter how you treat them right off the bat, they are immediately guarded and snooty about their process of doing things. I've had the resource center tell me a number of times that they don't do appointments for consoling, only walk-in advising, when just last year I was able to (with some persuading and telling them that it was for a class). I'm also in the middle of trying to transfer, and I swear, every person I talk to will tell me something different, and the same thing happened when I was applying for finical aid. This school has no sense of communication or organization. If one "walk-in" advisor is going to tell me one thing, they all need to answer with that same reply.

I've been to a number of community colleges, and though this one is pretty on the outside, the inside procedures are a COMPLETE mess.

Tucson College