StudentsReview :: The University of Arkansas - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant, Condescending

Not so bright
Excess Competition
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Apr 08 2012
Major: Geography and Geosciences (This Major's Salary over time)
U of A is a gorgeous campus, and a great place to be for outdoorsy people like me. But, the social aspect of college is even more important, and that is why I am transferring back to my home state. IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE GREEK LIFE, GOOD LUCK MAKING FRIENDS. The greek life here rules the school, it is bullsh*t. Everyone dresses the same it is like a cult. I lucked out and found a few good friends, but we have trouble meeting people. And the party scene here is lame, it is so hard to find things to do at night if you are not greek. It is very divided racially too. I am so happy I am leaving the U of A, but am disappointed because the natural beauty here is breathtaking.
responseMajor: Biochemistry
I'm sorry you didn't have a very good experience at the UofA, but I have to disagree with a few of your issues with the social life. I'm not in a sorority, but two of my best friends here are. I've never had issues with talking to and being friends with people in Greek life. They might not come up, and start a conversation with you if you aren't in the "Sorority style" which you have pretty spot on haha. Yet I've never met anyone in Greek life who was rude to me or my other friends not involved with it. I also didn't see the campus as racially divided either. Yes, you would notice certain groups hanging out together, but if you go talk to them usually they'll happily include you. I've been heavily involved with the International program at the UofA, and have met students from countries around the world. Many are very nice and really want to talk to the american students, but are nervous to try. I guess my point is that the UofA is no exception to having "cliques" (especially since Greek life is very prominent here), but from what I've witnessed normally if you get pass the stereotyping barrier then it's very easy to meet new people and friends. This is just my experience, and it sucks that it sounds like your's wasn't near as positive!
Compare UArkansasSave UArkansas