StudentsReview :: Biola University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1520
Average
D
B
He cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: May 23 2012
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
Biola is more like a glorified Christian school. I wanted to transfer, but since I got financial aid to come to Biola, this was the only place I can afford. If I came from an affluent family and could afford better, I wouldn't be here.

This school also ranked in Bloomberg's WORST ROI College List, which speaks volumes. Doesn't it also tell you something when you see that Biola accepts 78% of its applicants, whereas the better schools accept only 25% at the most?

The community of La Mirada isn't a real college town. It's not great, scenic, nor historical. Now UCLA and Stanford, those are true college towns.

If you can get in somewhere better, then I recommend doing it.

commentI agree that Biola isn't anything all that great. It's just average. Bless you for going to a school that's beneath you.
commentI'd be pissed off too if I had to go to a mediocre at best school.
responseBi sexual ola! Where all the assfuckers attend! Why, oh why did my parents convince me to come here? Whatever I did to deserve to be put here, I'm so sorry.
responseUngrateful brat. Hey genius you should be grateful they accepted you. Apparently no one else did. Apparently you think the fact that they accept people like you is bad? You said "More like a glorified Christian school" HELLO! It is a Christian school!!! Didn't you know that the Bi in BioLA stood for Bible! Bible Institute Of Los Angeles. You went there and didn't know that? You are probably just pissed off that you had to deal with people witnessing to you. I have lived in a "true college town" it sucked and I had to deal with high and drunken idiots all the time who pissed away mommy and daddy's money, partied for a few semesters, and flunked out because they where to busy partying and hooking up with whores to study. Such people constantly moved out of my building so often it wasn't funny. You didn't miss much! The stupid coddlestone streets messed with my vehicles as well. You went to a great school. I suggest taking some Philosophy classes with William Lane Craig. Wish I could but I am not moving to commiefornia anytime soon.
responseWhen I said "More like a glorified Christian school," I meant that Biola is "more like a glorified Christian HIGH or MIDDLE school" rather than an authentic Christian college. Of course I and everyone else knew that Biola stands for Bible Institute of Los Angeles, because that's shoved down our throats from the time the Biola representatives visit our high schools and junior colleges.

Your experience of living in a true college town sounds like I would have enjoyed it because I see nothing wrong with people living it up and experiencing some of life's pleasures. If I could afford it, I would live that lifestyle also.

responseWhen one of the respondents said this about living in a true college town, "The stupid cobblestone streets messed with my vehicles as well," I think that he is complaining too much. I would have loved to have lived in a real college town instead of La Mirada, but Biola was the most affordable place for me. It sounds like I was in a similar situation as the first reviewer who said that he only went to Biola cuz of the financial aid package. I agree with the other comments expressing that Biola is more like a Christian high school than it is like a real university.
responseAbout the students who had money to waste at the other school that one of the above students described, I wish I came from a family who could give me money to throw away like that. Like other Biola current or former students said on this site, I agree that if I had come from a wealthy family, I would not have come to Biola. There's nothing wrong with feeling that you deserve better.
questionPartying and hooking up? Isn't that part of life?
responseFor the Response stick your own bible in your f ass . it is a school that drain your pocket and they use god to make money . bible school f you you f low life insignificant bug . students have the right to say anything you want you f response piece of dust on my shoes get the f out you low life sponger
responseAgreed. Biola just uses God to scam you out of money. I wish I could go to a real university with a true university experience but I don't have the money and Biola is giving me a financial aid package.
Compare BiolaSave Biola