StudentsReview :: California State University - Long Beach - Extra Detail about the Comment

San Diego State University -- San Diego, CA

Friendly, Arrogant, Violent, Snooty, Closeminded

Friendly, Helpful, Condescending, Unhelpful

Friendliness
Social Life
She cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: May 24 2012
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
This is a good school if you are willing to study and focus on your major. I actually learned a lot within the few years that I attended here in the English department. Some of the faculty do care about helping out the students learn more about their topic of choice. The campus is pretty well kept most of the time and has some of the most beautiful scenery around with the Pyramid and Japanese Gardens. The DSS program is a major plus for me because they helped me get through school.

However, the biggest problem was the rudeness of the other students. Most of the problems were the jocks always getting special treatment and being allowed to torment the non-athletes which I felt was totally wrong. In addition, since I was not into the major trends of my peers, I had trouble fitting in. This is not a bad school, but hard to fit into if you are not one of the popular students. And I find it outrageous that the students with the positive comments are attacking those with negative comments, blaming them for their bad experince rather than understanding the person. Some schools are not a perfect match for different types of people and I am embarassed as an alum to see the positives abusing the free speech rights of the negatives.

commentI agree. It takes a couple of visits to see whether a school is a good fit. I think whoever is attacking other people's views don't understand where people come from, their morals, values, beliefs, etc.
commentI hate CSULB. It seems like it's a school for those who couldn't get into a good school like USC or Cornell.
commentI don't think the campus is good looking. There are tons of way better looking campuses like UCSB and UCSC.
Compare CSULB/CalState-Long BeachSave CSULB/CalState-Long Beach