StudentsReview :: East Carolina University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful

Useful Schoolwork
Campus Maintenance
A
She cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Date: Jun 06 2012
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
I am what the school calls an online adult learner. I am dedicated to my studies and currently have a 4.0. I had a professor my first semester that refused to clarify an assignment, but instead insulted my intelligence. She has poor ratings, but nothing has been done about her. Students are on their own in that class (you, the book and Blackboard). Some other professors have not been much better. Some are great, but it's about 50-50. The professors do not allow online students to review graded tests which is a fundamental right for a student. It helps the learning process to know where you have gone wrong. They also tend to have tests where once you have answered one question and moved on, you cannot return to the previous question. This cannot be used in on-campus classes, so it is unfair to do it with the same online class. Usually these are timed tests so you cannot go through and do the ones you know quickly and spend a longer time on the more difficult questions. These are usually proctored tests. I might be able to understand using that format for tests that are not proctored, but otherwise, it just creates an unnecessary obstacle for the student. If I could transfer, I would, but transferring to ECU was a nightmare. I don't want to do it again. I will just power through to graduation. After that, God help the individual from ECU that calls asking for a donation!
responseI wish you good luck on that 4.0! I tried my best to maintain one and some instructors will knock you down "because no one deserves an A since no one is perfect." Even if you meet their grading rubric.
Compare ECUSave ECU