StudentsReview :: Azusa Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly

Excess Competition
C+
University Resource Use
She cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Jun 06 2012
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
Azusa Pacific is a fine school. It is a Christian University, so prepare yourself for what is ahead. I am not Christian, but it does not really bother me.. it would, if this was a public school, but it is not. I am a transfer student in the Liberal Studies program and all the coursework was pretty easy, the teachers are nice and approachable and I never got a "covert-or-die" attitude. Social life, well, this is college.. I'm here to learn, get a grade and a degree. I must admit APU was not my first choice (it is my first choice for the MEd program, so I am staying here) I really wanted to go to CalPolyPomona, but with all the budget cuts I chose APU instead, I pay extra for the convenience.

commentBut Cal Poly sucks too, just like Azusa Pacific. You can go to USC for that amount of money and the people are a lot better than Azusa. The rich kids at USC sure know how to have fun. Most of them come from much better families too.
commentTry visiting somewhere like Claremont or Amherst. You'll see what a stupid school APU really is. I wish I could go to a better school than APU, but I found out too late the truth about APU.
commentThis is a stupid school. It isn't like Princeton or Tulane.
questionAs a student who is considering all of the possible colleges and have been on several college tours, here's what I don't get. For the kind of money APU charges, wouldn't students rather go somewhere nicer, like the other reviewer mentioned? Like a Princeton or Tulane? I mean, why pay big money for a school like APU when its name doesn't come close to Princeton or Tulane?
responseAPU isnt just about academia (though its important). There a big emphasis on the spiritual and ethnical well being of their students. If you want to go to a school where you can get the based education, then APU might not be the best for you. But if you want to go to place grow as person, then come here. APU is a Christian school and hold certain beliefs. Read them before you go. Dont be surprise well they stand for what they say.
responseThere are a lot of better universities than APU that not only excel in academia, but also care a lot about the spiritual and ethical aspect of student life. In the area around APU, the Claremont schools and Occidental can give you all this and more. Claremont schools and Occidental are also a lot harder to get into than APU. APU takes anyone, it's a good fit for dumb students who didn't do well in high school or at their junior college.
commentThe thing that most of you aren't understanding is that schools like APU don't even compare with schools like USC or Princeton. Most students attend APU for the purpose or receiving an education grounded in God's word. APU is a Christian school, and most of you are acting like you didn't know that when you applied. Their motto is "God First" and they truly do display this all over the campus. Bottom line, if you want to pursue an education that also challenges your faith with Christ then maybe APU is the school for you. I would not recommend this school to someone who has a negative attitude towards mandatory chapels and rules that coincide with Scripture.
commentThere's nothing at all good about APU and I am a devout Christian. You can get a true Christian experience at a school like USC, Princton, and Tulane AND much, much more like a degree that is highly renowned. APU takes everyone who applies and those who have ever heard of APU know that the degree from there is a joke.
Azusa Pacific University