StudentsReview :: Seattle Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Helpful, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Average
Academic Success
A
She cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Jul 03 2012
Major: Nursing (This Major's Salary over time)
Campus is a ghost town on the weekends because most people go home. The people at the school are not friendly and hardly want to get to know anyone. This is a campus of shame. There are NO actual parties. You can find a few people who drink usually, but it is a shameful act and thus, usually occurs locked inside a dorm room. Their main "elective" classes that are required are all Christian based. Professors assume all students are Christian and people are so closed-minded that I felt bad for them. Most of the students come from wealthy, conservative, sheltered homes. The girls are pretty, but beware they only want to get married. EVERY event the school puts on is Christian-based. The people at the school do not do much exploring in the great city they live in.

The really only redeeming qualities of this school is the campus is beautiful and the location is in Seattle, but don't expect to have friends to explore it with on the weekends. I felt my classes, besides the required Christian ones, were quite decent. Also, I think the school does a good job of getting students where they want to go.

My advice is to not go even if you are Christian, but if you do, you may consider the bill for anti-depressants you are going to need to get through it along with the tuition tab.

commentI agree with this totally. This school is a joke and not worth the money. I had an issue with an instructor giving me a F on a paper when I get A and B. This was in fall. I redid the paper and ended up with a C. Still have never rec'd a grade like that. Well the teacher wanted a meeting before the last quarter of graduation over something that happened in fall…long story short I was bullied and made and example of. I was sticking up for myself and they kicked me out. This place is a joke and they only want people that will shut up obey and not ask questions. That is not how you learn…that is more like a cult.
Compare SPUSave SPU