StudentsReview :: Randolph College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA
Friendly, Approachable

Useful Schoolwork
B
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jul 23 2012
Major: Communications (This Major's Salary over time)
I came from the other side of the country to attend Randolph College (formerly Randolph-Macon Woman's College). I would like to give the most honest feedback I can.

After my first year at Randolph, I was determined to leave. I felt that such a small student body, in such a strange town, was certainly not the place for me. It was the school's second year being a coed institution, and there was much tension on campus. However, once I began to understand what a unique school I was attending, my perspective changed.

Never in my life would I have imagined becoming a top level-award winning student. My professors, whether or not they were my advisors, all knew what I was studying as my major. I was never taught by a TA or grad student. The professors were approachable and set high standards for me, and all encouraged me and kept in touch while I was abroad for a semester Junior year, after which I had no issues with grades or class credits transferring. Many of them are still contacting me to ensure I am doing well after graduation. The traditions, though not appealing to everyone, are unique and in many ways empowering, and connect the current students with alums (I graduated in May 2012, and I had alums from the classes of 1962 all the way through 2002 get my contact information to help me find jobs).

Randolph College is certainly not a "normal" school. However, it is not a place to overlook. As a student, you will discover a passion within yourself that you did not know existed. The classes and professors are challenging, but this comes from their belief that you, as a student, can succeed. The small student body enables you to create friendships that your high school friends won't be able to understand at their large universities. Take it from an alum who will forever be happy that she did not transfer after her first impression: Randolph College is an extremely special place.

Compare RandolphSave Randolph