StudentsReview :: Arizona State University West - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Arizona State University West

Alumni Survey

Date: Jul 24 2012
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
I selected ASU West based simply on location. I simply thought the commute to main seemed daunting. This was the BEST thing I could have done!!! My experience at ASU West could not have been better at any college!

To begin, I was been a high school drop-out. After ten years, I sat for and received my GED. I went to Phoenix College for two years prior to transferring to ASU West. At PC, I excelled but I still needed extra attention in some area, especially math and science. When I got to ASU West, the professors were available and personable. They offered much of the individualized attention I received at PC. The english department was full of worldly individuals who were able to bring their passion for literature alive which enabled students to explore and expand their understanding of the materials.

ASU West's small campus was inviting and most students engaged in some form of activities outside of their coursework. This may seem unimportant however when it comes time for graduate school, participation in outside activites is paramount. At Main, the student body was so large and the clubs so big, it didn't seem like anyone's individual participation would have much effect. At ASU West, you were NEEDED!

I highly recommend ASU West for individuals looking for a smaller, closer community than you will find at main, returning students who may need more attention brushing up on once-learned-long-forgotten concepts, and for those looking for a solid education.

Compare ASUWSave ASUW