StudentsReview :: San Jose State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyC
Friendly, Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Friendly, Helpful, Condescending

Creativity/ Innovation
She cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Aug 31 2012
Major: Music Education (This Major's Salary over time)
The only thing that makes this school bearable for me is the music department. The teachers are outstanding, which does not reflect on the school since musical scholars always strive for the best and just want to help their students succeed. I cannot speak for the other departments because I live in the music building.

SJSU however, is intent on delaying my graduation. For freshman orientation, one of the staff helping me sign up for classes signed me up for 2 classes that satisfied the same GE category.

Never once in freshman orientation did I hear a lecture on how to correctly sign up and complete your GE requirements. All I heard was a bunch of motivational crap on why I made the right decision to go to school here and that all my dreams would come true, but never on how much it was going to cost me. Not even on how to make an appointment with a GE counselor.

I was frustrated to find out many classes I took were a wasted of my time and money.

Knowing that I don't have much time before my financial aid runs out, I tried to add another class this semester. Music majors are excempt from the new ridiculous 15 unit cap, still I was not able to go past that during the summer when I signed up for classes. I tried to drop in on a few classes, but all were so impacted I had to sit on the floor or stand, just so that I could be denied an add code.

This school is ridiculously expensive. Ive never even bought a sweater or socks at the bookstore because of how expensive it is. A disgusting plain bologne sandwich at the stupid union will cost you 3 dollars. Parking is also a pain in the ass, so I've heard.

commentI wouldn't buy anything bearing the SJSU logo because it is one of the stupidest schools in the universe.
Compare SJSUSave SJSU