StudentsReview :: The University of Missouri St Louis - Extra Detail about the Comment

The University of Missouri St Louis

Alumni Survey

Super Brilliant
Date: Oct 24 2012
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
I have graduated from this school twice. UMSL is the most racist, injustice, and pathetic excuse for a university. Since, I have graduated from another university outside MO and received a way better treatment and respect then I did at UMSL, I know for a fact this school isn't a good one. High school kids keep moving go somewhere, really outside St. Louis, MO. This city and state is very racist and UMSL is too. I am just bold enough to speak the truth. I will never recommend anyone of color going there. I know especially, if you are an outspoken person of color. Most people who have had an excellent time are white people. Most people who go to this school are white and who is running this school are by whites. I graduated as a undergraduated and graduated and I know what I am talking about. Do go to UMSL. Harris Stowe may be better to go, for people of color, if you want to stay local.

I am very sure that aren't having as many problems as a person of color are. There retention and graduation rates are very bad. First year student retention (full-time students): 69%, 4-Year Graduation Rate: 21%, and 6-Year Graduation Rate: 41%… Just take the time and Google it. Most of all I know for a fact that this school isn?t any good. Don?t get me wrong I have had white classmates that were mistreated as well, but not like people of color have been.

Everybody experiences are different, but mine were very different because the color of my skin. Warning, anyone of color please reconsiders UMSL before you become a student there. If anyone need avice about going to UMSL, I am open.

questionMay you had some difficulty with spelling and grammar? and why did you go back?
questionHi, I'm an African American prospective student considering UMSL for graduate school. Your review has made me super nervous! I attended an HBCU for undergraduate college, so I'm not used to feeling like an outcast. So, what kind of treatment did you endure? I really want to know. I'm about to reconsider this school.
questionWould this same treatment be in effect for Latino students
responseMy daughter goes to UMSL and so far we have been pleased; she has friends of all colors, much more diverse than other universities,private and public. She passed up a Jesuit school offer because of the excellent program she is in @ UMSL. Maybe they need to raise the bar on academics/admissions criteria for general studies so students won't feel "discriminated against" Excellent work produces good grades. If you read the grammar and sentence structure of this review you may not have second thoughts. Be responsible and confident and you will be fine:)
commentYou exhibit a low degree of competence writing in English. Basic communication is a prerequisite to college coursework. Maybe consider learning to read and write before slandering an institution and your comments will carry more weight. UMSL is a very diverse environment, and as a black person, you have embarrassed me.
responseYour grammatical errors and inability to form a cohesive argument (with examples) make me question UMSL more than your anger does…
Compare UMSLSave UMSL