StudentsReview :: San Jose State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyC+
Friendly, Approachable

Friendly

ACT:31
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
Super Brilliant
Excess Competition
C
Faculty Accessibility
A
He cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Nov 25 2012
Major: Electrical Engineering (This Major's Salary over time)
I like going on random tangents with no logical connection so…yea..just a note.

SJSU is an okay school being that if you want to learn there will be opportunities for that to happen. That being said, one thing I hate is the concept of GE's. I know every University tends to have these but the last thing I want is a GE that grades as hard as my math or science class. For heavens sake I am getting A's in Calc 2 but I am getting a B in Death Dying and Religion (a GE course) when I am spending more time doing the GE class' work than in math or science.

SJSU is not that well ranked (it is ranked ok'ish) though it is known for Engineering. There are a lot of opportunities for engineers which is a huge plus. My first semester here, I have done 4 or 5 IEEE workshops where you get to make nifty stuff like circuit boards for whatever (blinking lights, pulse readers, toggle switches) small stuff. I get to see my EE professors quite often despite the fact that I will not be taking EE classes for a whole year and a half.

On the note of society here, there is a lot of…let us just say dumb people. SJSU is a party school after all. If you are even half smart you will feel like a genius. That being said, your professors will love you (the math and science ones). There are smart students as well, just in fewer quantities.

Admin sucks overall. Whether it be transcripts or whatever, they suck. If you want to get your classes make sure to do things that will give you priority registration…it matters a lot.

Compare SJSUSave SJSU