StudentsReview :: Bridgewater College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Average
C
Faculty Accessibility
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Dec 18 2012
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
Synopsis of my experience: My first few semesters at Bridgewater were a little rough, but I decided to stick it out due to the excellent financial aid they offer. After the initial difficulty adjusting to life at BC, I found myself really growing to love the college. Bridgewater places a good deal of emphasis on academics. I felt like the vast majority of my professors knew their subjects well and did a good job of relaying information to students. As a whole, the academic community seems to have a big heart. Most professors care about their students and want them to succeed.

Pros and Cons:

Cons -

• There are several day-to-day student life issues that need to be resolved. Examples of problematic issues are the complicated parking scheme that students must adhere to and the difficult registration process for classes.
  • As a whole, the student body can come across as being stuck-up; however, it is not difficult to find a group of friends on campus. I literally knew no one when I started college but, by the time I graduated, had made several life long friends.
  • A lot of people dislike the PDP program on campus. I have found that one's opinion of the program is generally a reflection of how much heart and soul the put into it. While the program could use some revision, I can say that it's not entirely bad. Ideally, the PDP program is supposed to develop you as a student and person. The program definitely exposed me to new ideas and academic works, and helped me grow as a person.
  • One last complaint I have heard is that the campus does not feature much night life or partying. It should be noted that BC is only moments away from Harrisonburg, VA which has nightlife oriented towards students.
  • Pros -

• The campus is absolutely beautiful and located in a rural area. It's ideal for students looking for a laid-back atmosphere.
  • Bridgewater has very good academic programs, and most of the professors are skilled at teaching difficult material.
  • The financial aid is excellent at Bridgewater. In fact, this school is surprisingly affordable for many students. Also, academically inclined students that enter the college are often given generous scholarships.
  • Due to its small size, Bridgewater College offers lots of hands-on training that other schools do not.
  • Ask a Question or add a response!
    Compare BridgewaterSave Bridgewater